Insurance for Telecommunications and Technology Providers
EMC Insurance Companies has the knowledge and expertise to provide telecommunications and technology providers with the right insurance options. That’s why EMC offers industry–specific coverage and extensive loss control services. Our telecommunications insurance program is customizable, giving telecom companies the right coverage at the right price.
With the EMC TeleTech Program, policyholders are connected to a network of tailored coverages and resources that are monitored and updated to meet the rapidly evolving needs of telecommunications and technology providers.
Essential Telecommunications Insurance Policy Options
The EMC Teletech Program offers specialized coverages for buildings, businesses’ personal property and the personal property of others. Coverage highlights include:
- Extensions for towers, outdoor communication equipment and underground/underwater cables
- Private entity wrongful act/linebacker
- Business income
- Poles and pole mounted equipment
- Blanket additional insured (as required by contract)/primary and non-contributary
- Blanket waiver of subrogation
- Broadcasting liability coverage
Full Range of Insurance Options for Telecommunications Companies
By protecting against business distractions and interruptions, EMC helps telecom companies focus on what’s important—providing service to their customers without interruption. Our full range of commercial insurance includes the following coverages and more:
- Essential Property Coverage—Protects buildings, towers, equipment and antennas against physical damage such as lightning strikes
- Comprehensive Business Auto Insurance—Protects the vehicles driven by employees to and from jobsites
- Commercial General Liability Insurance—Protects telecom businesses from liability exposures, such as independent contractors and completed operations
- Umbrella Insurance—Provides additional security in the event of a catastrophic liability claim
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance—Covers medical expenses and compensation for lost wages of telecommunications workers injured on the job (available in select states)
- Data Compromise Insurance—When a telecom company’s data is compromised, it can be costly. EMC’s CyberSolutions coverage provides cyber liability and data compromise insurance for telecommunication businesses to help them react to and recover from a cyber-related event.
Which telecommunications and technology companies is this coverage right for?
EMC's telecommunications insurance is perfect for companies who provide internet or phone services. We also provide insurance for companies with these ancillary or secondary operations.
- Security system installation and repair (not including monitoring)
- Retail stores (selling electronics, cable TV, smart home products)
- Voice over internet protocol (VOIP)
- Computer sales and repair
- Web design companies
- Web hosting and cloud services
- Cable TV or streaming services
- Cable or conduit construction
Learn More About EMC’s Telecommunications Insurance
If you’re an EMC agent, contact your local EMC branch and ask about the EMC TeleTech Program.