Frequently Asked Questions
EMC’s Online Training - General Questions
Yes. Online training courses can be shown to a group using a projector or TV monitor connected to a computer with internet access. You can then distribute and retain paper copies of the associated exam to check for understanding and document that training occurred.
Loss Control LearningCentral
Loss Control LearningCentral is a learning management system that allows you to keep track of your employees’ safety training.
- Register employees as learners and assign training
- View training progress and verify course completions
- View and print reports and completion certificates
To successfully complete an assigned course, learners must watch the course video. If there is an associated exam, the learner must score 100% (with as many retakes as necessary).
Remove an employee’s access to online training by adding a termination date to the employee’s profile. From the top menu, select the Admin tab > People Admin > Manage People > External People
Search for the correct employee by name, choose the edit profile option, and enter a date in the “Terminated On” field. Don’t forget to save your changes.
I previously used EMC’s Training Management System to track employee training, but now it’s gone and I’m not sure what to do. Help!
Don’t panic! We still have your training records from the old system. Here are your options:
- Keep My Users/Records: If you’d like to have your previous online training users and their training records moved to our new Loss Control LearningCentral system, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I Don’t Need My Records: If you don’t need your old training records, you can start fresh in the new system whenever you want. Click here to register.
- I’m Not Sure: Check out our revamped Online Training Page and review these Frequently Asked Questions to decide what option works best for you. Send questions to email@example.com.