COVID-19: Agent Information
We realize the COVID-19 outbreak will have a significant financial impact on many of our policyholders, and in response, EMC is taking the following actions. In addition, EMC has made business adjustments to limit physical contact to protect you, our policyholders and our team members.
Due to individual state directives, cancellation hold policies vary by state. EMC's COVID-19 Response Team meets daily to review state directives and is actively managing the situation to ensure our position is current and in compliance with all directives. Updates will be sent by email to Agent Access users, principals and general agency email addresses as directives are revised for your state. If you have questions or need to discuss a specific policyholder situation, please contact your EMC underwriter.
EMC has a team in place to regularly review state directives and is actively managing the situation to ensure our position is current and in compliance. We will provide updates as necessary as the situation evolves.
Business Adjustments to Limit Physical Contact
Nearly all EMC team members are now doing their jobs remotely, with a few exceptions. We will continue to provide the best service possible while processing new business, renewals, endorsements, claims, billing, premium audits and performing other essential functions. We encourage you to continue to reach out to your local EMC contacts through email or their regular office phone numbers, as needed.
Additional adjustments to help protect the health and safety of you, our policyholders and our team members include:
- Upcoming agency meetings and group events scheduled through the end of May have been canceled and will be rescheduled at later dates.
- Risk improvement and premium audit field personnel have suspended onsite inspections and premium audit visits. We will complete as much loss control and premium audit work as possible through phone, email and mail.
- Our claims representatives will handle individual claims on a case-by-case basis to determine if a physical visit to a claims site is necessary.
- Our marketing representatives and underwriters will continue to maintain remote contact with you and your clients to ensure your needs are met.
- Our team members will not visit your agency or policyholder locations, and we request that you refrain from visiting EMC office locations until further notice.
Many states have issued orders that require all nonessential businesses to close physical locations to slow the spread of COVID-19. We expect that, as an insurance carrier, we will continue to be allowed to maintain a minimal branch office presence to ensure we are able to continue essential services that allow us to serve our agents, policyholders and team members with little or no disruption. We all know the current environment can change quickly, but you can rest assured EMC will adapt accordingly.
Electronic Payments Encouraged
We encourage you and your clients to make payments electronically. Agents are encouraged to use the Make a Payment function on the Agent Access homepage. Your cooperation in making payments through this avenue is greatly appreciated.
Please direct policyholders to these three easy payment methods:
- Select Make a Payment on emcins.com for a one-time payment
- Set up electronic funds transfer (EFT) to have payments automatically deducted from the designated bank account each time the premium is due
- Call 855-404-9076 to make a one-time payment
Help your policyholders manage their payments and policy information electronically by inviting them to sign up for Policyholder Access. Users can schedule payments for future dates, update EFT bank account information and more. To send invitations to your clients, log in to Agent Access and then select Reports > Policyholder Access > CL Request an Invite in the sidebar menu.
COVID-19 Links and Resources
EMC is continuing to collect and distribute COVID-19 information from reputable sources to help your clients navigate the current situation. This page will be updated as new information is released:
You and your policyholders can also subscribe to our loss control newsletters to receive updates in your inbox.
Count on EMC®
EMC is dedicated to supporting you, our policyholders, our employees and our communities during this time, and we hope these measures help. Please contact us with any concerns. Our branch office staff is available and ready to support you. Thank you for your continued partnership.