EMC Insurance Companies is in the top 60 property/casualty organizations in the United States and is one of the largest in Iowa, based on net written premium.
Founded in 1911, EMC Insurance Companies is financially solid. We have been serving our policyholders and independent agents for more than 110 years, and we plan on continuing to serve them for 110 more. Today, EMC employs approximately 2,200 employees in about 40 states across the country.
EMC sells its products solely through independent insurance agencies in more than 40 states. We believe our partnership with independent agents brings a superior level of personalized service to the insurance process.
EMC’s Annual Report (formerly known as "Corporate Review") is published each March and summarizes the accomplishments and financial results for EMC Insurance Companies for the prior calendar year.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
EMC exists to improve lives—not just the lives of our agents, policyholders and team members—but of those in our communities.
For more than 110 years, EMC has consistently demonstrated this commitment and we intend to do so for the next 110 years and beyond. That is why Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) efforts are an important priority for EMC.
EMC Earns DCC Elite™ Certification
EMC has been awarded DCC Elite™ certification by Deep Customer Connections. Awarded to only five property/casualty insurance carriers nationally, the honor represents exceptional performance in, and commitment to, ease of business as experienced by independent agents. DCC Elite™ certification requires two levels of qualification—mastery in ease of business using standardized metrics and competitive benchmarks, and a pledge to implement strategies to further improve performance in ease of business factors. Read more.
EMC Insurance Companies (EMC) is the trade name used by Employers Mutual Casualty Company (EMCC), several subsidiaries and affiliated insurance companies and EMC Insurance Group Inc.
Companies, Subsidiaries, Affiliates
EMCC Board of Directors
Code of Ethics
Guide to Ethical Corporate Conduct
To learn more about EMC, check out our pages related to company news, our history and timeline, and our financial stability.
EMC’s mission is to improve lives by providing trusted financial protection for our policyholders, profitable partnerships with our agency partners, an inspiring culture for our team members and service to our communities.
Our brand promise—Count on EMC®—represents the core values upon which EMC Insurance Companies has built its reputation. Since 1911, policyholders, agents, team members and communities have come to Count on EMC for superior protection, exceptional service and financial security.
The five EMC values are the essence of our company's identity. These are the beliefs we operate by that create our corporate culture. Keeping these values in mind while working with fellow employees, agents and policyholders enables us to fulfill our company mission. We are counting on all EMC employees to exercise these principles in their daily work.
- We build partnerships and create meaningful connections with each other, our agents, policyholders and communities.
- We deliver exceptional customer experiences by being responsive and finding solutions to our customers’ needs and expectations.
- We are caring, approachable and knowledgeable.
- We are honest, fair and ethical.
- We act with integrity and do the right thing, always.
- We are truthful and stick to the facts, no matter what.
- We are dependable, accountable and consistent.
- We are reputable and respectful of others.
- We are genuine, sincere and straightforward.
- We commit to a culture where people feel valued, respected and empowered.
- We champion diversity and embrace equity.
- We believe in teamwork and collaboration to reach shared goals.
- We believe in our power and ability to continuously improve, adapt and thrive.
- We proactively adjust to change, overcome challenges and find innovative solutions in our quest for excellence.
- We drive results with energy and passion regardless of circumstance.