EMC Insurance Companies Receives innovationLEADER of the Year Award from innovationIOWA Magazine
DES MOINES, Iowa (April 23, 2020)—innovationIOWA Magazine, an extension of the Des Moines Business Record, has recognized EMC Insurance Companies as its 2020 innovationLEADER of the Year. The award honors a company for the originality, leadership and impact of their innovative culture and processes.
“Innovation is one of our five core values – values that drive EMC Insurance Companies to realize our mission and vision. With this focus, EMC demonstrates that we understand the importance of embracing innovative changes and support incorporating new ideas and methods into our business,” said Scott Jean, EMC President and CEO. “We believe we are doing industry-leading work by engaging our entire organization in our innovation journey.”
In support of a culture of innovation, the Innovation Team at EMC was formed in 2017 with the goal of designing and delivering innovative programs, processes and communications. The group collaborates across all business units through:
- Cross-Enterprise Innovation Team - Subject matter experts develop and maintain a pipeline of innovative solutions.
- Emerging Issues and Trends Councils - Cross-functional teams research emerging trends in insurance and identify opportunities for the company.
- Insurtech Process – A multi-step process to ensure all experts are involved in decisions, including information technology, strategic analytics, security, legal and compliance.
- Labs - Pop-Up Innovation Labs create hands-on opportunities for employees to explore, research and recommend new technologies.
- Innovation for Breakfast – A monthly program where all employees are invited to see pitches from insurtech companies and connect with senior leaders on innovation priorities and successes.
Additionally, EMC pursues partnerships with key players in the insurtech space, including Plug and Play, an innovation platform that brings together startups and the world’s largest corporations. EMC received the Insurtech Corporate Innovation Award from Plug and Play at its Winter Summit in December 2019.
About EMC Insurance Companies
EMC Insurance Companies is among the top 60 property/casualty insurance organizations in the country based on net written premium, with more than 2,400 employees. Employers Mutual Casualty Company (EMCC) was organized in 1911 to write workers’ compensation protection in Iowa. Today, operating under the trade name EMC Insurance Companies, the company provides property and casualty insurance products and services throughout the United States and writes reinsurance contracts worldwide. EMCC is licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit emcins.com.