EMC Elevates Executive Vice Presidents, Introduces New Operating Structure
DES MOINES, Iowa (Jan. 23, 2020)—Scott Jean, new President of EMC Insurance Companies and successor to the retiring Bruce Kelley, elevated several leaders to executive vice president and introduced a new operating structure for the company.
Following are the five EMC executive vice presidents and the areas they now oversee:
- Meyer Lehman, Executive Vice President of Finance & Chief Actuarial Officer: accounting, actuary, investments and corporate risk management
- Todd Strother, EVP – Chief Legal Officer: administration, facilities, compliance, government relations, governance, legal and vendor management
- Mick Lovell, EVP – Chief Operating Officer: bond, branch operations, business process, claims, customer experience, EMC Risk Services, marketing, risk improvement and underwriting
- Beth Nigut, EVP – Chief People Officer: corporate communications, human resources, innovation, learning and development, and security and safety
- Eric Faust, EVP – Chief Synergy Officer: corporate strategy, EMC National Life, EMC Reinsurance, information technology and strategic analytics
More About the Executive Team
Meyer Lehman, FCAS, MAAA, started with EMC in 2017 and was named senior vice president – chief actuarial officer in 2018. Prior to that, he served as a chief actuarial officer and actuarial pricing manager for other insurance companies. Lehman received his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of California at Santa Cruz.
Todd Strother, J.D., joined EMC in 2016 as head of the legal department. Prior to joining EMC, he was engaged in the private practice of law for 21 years with law firms in Chicago and Des Moines. Strother received both a bachelor’s degree in business finance and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Iowa.
Mick Lovell, CPCU, joined EMC in 2003 as the first director of product management. Prior to that, he had more than 13 years of commercial underwriting and marketing management experience. In 2011, Lovell was promoted to senior vice president of business development, and in 2015 he was promoted to executive vice president for corporate development. He received a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa.
Beth Nigut, J.D., started with EMC in 2010 as the vice president of human resources. She was promoted to senior vice president of human resources in 2014, and senior vice president – chief human resources officer in 2018. Prior to joining EMC, Nigut served as general counsel for the Des Moines Independent Community School District and worked at a local firm for more than 13 years. She received a bachelor’s degree in political science from Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, and a Juris Doctor degree from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa.
Eric Faust, CIOP, ACS, MCMC, CXAP, has been with EMC National Life since 1995 and has held various positions within the company. He received a bachelor’s degree in management from the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
About EMC Insurance Companies
EMC Insurance Companies is among the top 60 property/casualty insurance organizations in the country based on net written premium, with more than 2,400 employees. Employers Mutual Casualty Company (EMCC) was organized in 1911 to write workers’ compensation protection in Iowa. Today, operating under the trade name EMC Insurance Companies, the company provides property and casualty insurance products and services throughout the United States and writes reinsurance contracts worldwide. EMCC is licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit emcins.com.