Your home is distinctly yours, and your insurance premium should reflect that. With EMC’s MyHome Policy®, your insurance premium is based solely on you and the specifications of your home, not your neighbor’s. That means you’ll get a more accurate rate, calculated specifically for your property.
Choices to Fit Your Needs
EMC offers three coverage levels, plus optional property and liability coverages, because insurance shouldn’t be one-size-fits-all. Your local independent insurance agent can help you decide which level and coverages are right for you. No matter which level you choose, replacement cost coverage is provided for all qualifying homes to protect your financial assets.
Even our basic homeowners policy gives you better-than-average protection with all the standard property and liability coverages, plus valuable extras at no additional cost.
This option builds on our basic policy level to give you increased limits of protection for:
- Refrigerated property
- Theft of jewelry, watches, furs and other valuables
- CyberScoutTM resolution service and identity theft expense coverage
EMC Choice® Homeowners
Our premier policy option, EMC Choice Homeowners, offers even greater protection for refrigerated property, lock replacement, identity theft and more. Additional benefits include:
- Loss of use and additional living expense reimbursement
- Generous equipment breakdown coverage
- Additional replacement cost coverage
When you insure your home with EMC, we’ll reward you with discounts and credits for playing it safe, maintaining your home and being financially responsible.
- Installing Protective Devices — Receive premium discounts for installing deadbolts, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms or central station alarms
- Improving Dwelling Components — Earn credits for recently updating electrical, plumbing or heating
- Acting Responsibly — Additional discounts may be available for remaining free of claims, insuring an auto with EMC (in addition to your home) or adding an umbrella policy, keeping continuous insurance coverage and more
Personal Lines Advantage
When you insure both your home and auto with EMC, you benefit from these additional free coverages:
- Single (Highest) Deductible — Applies if both auto and home are involved in the same loss
- Pet Medical — Covers up to $500 for domestic cats or dogs injured or killed due to a covered loss in the home or car (no deductible applies)
- Emergency Lockout Coverage — Pays up to $200 for reasonable expenses incurred for services needed to gain entry into a covered auto or residence (no deductible applies)