About EMC Re
Employers Mutual Casualty Company (EMCC), founded in 1911 in Des Moines, Iowa, has been assuming reinsurance since the 1950s. EMC Reinsurance Company (EMC Re) was established in 1981, although EMCC paper is used to write most assumed reinsurance business.
EMC Re Highlights
- Reinsurance business is produced through intermediaries and pools
- Emphasis on excess of loss business
- Multiple line reinsurance: property, casualty, crop and marine
- A market for local, regional, national and international ceding company clients
- Quoting market for U.S. multiline XOL, property per risk XOL and casualty XOL
We value our long-term relationships with our business partners throughout the world. Our team is proud to provide quality service and is committed to paying valid reinsurance claims quickly.
Areas where EMC Re writes reinsurance, as of January 2019.
To be a stable, secure and committed market, especially during times of adversity, by delivering service that enables our partners and EMC Reinsurance to be mutually successful.