You can get the important coverage you need from EMC, including:
- Essential Property Coverage for buildings, your business’ personal property and the personal property of others.
- Businessowners Liability Coverage to protect your business from liability exposures, including premises and operations, product liability and completed operations.
- Comprehensive Business Auto Coverage protects the commercial vehicles driven by your employees.
- Umbrella Coverage provides your business with additional security in the event of a catastrophic liability claim.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance covers medical expenses and compensation for lost wages of workers who are injured on the job (available in select states).
Below is a summary of the coverages included with the EMC Self-Storage Facilities product. View the EMC Businessowners Coverage Highlights page to learn about your two coverage level options—Extension and Expanded Extension.
Property and Liability
- Property coverage: Expands the building definition to include fences
- Property belonging to your customer is excluded from covered property
- Adds accrued rental charges as a component of business income coverage
- Amends coverage of employee theft to include personal property of your customers
- Debris removal
- Outdoor signs attached to building
- Premises damage resulting from a burglary or robbery
- Liability coverage: Includes a $50,000 (per occurrence) customers’ goods legal liability limit and a $25,000 (per policy period) sale and disposal liability limit
- Exclusions specific to these coverages are added; for example, customers’ goods legal liability and sale and disposal liability limits do not apply to customers’ property in the open
- The pollution exclusion is also amended to exclude pollutants brought onto the location by customers
- Additional audio, visual and data electronic equipment
- Blanket coverage for additional insured
- Hired auto physical damage
- Locksmith service
- Personal property of others
- Rental reimbursement
- Temporary transportation expense
- Towing and labor
- Waiver of deductible for glass breakage
Talk with your independent insurance agent about the following coverages and how they can help you protect your business:
- CyberSolutions provides the robust protection you need to respond to and recover from a data breach or cyber attack. The policy provides coverage for the costs associated with computer software restoration, data recovery, third-party liability protection, response efforts, defense and liability, and identity recovery for key individuals within your organization.
- Employment practices liability coverage, available by endorsement from EMC, pays for the liability damages and defense costs due to employment discrimination, wrongful termination or harassment charges brought by full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal employees.
This is only a summary of coverages available. Coverage is subject to policy terms and conditions, limitations and exclusions, and may vary from state to state.
- $10 million maximum sales/receipts per location
- For online quote, maximum $6 million in total insured values per location*
- Storage buildings (including business personal property) occupied by the insured, incidental to an eligible risk and not exceeding 35,000 sq ft may also be included
- Eligible risks must have a fence surrounding entire premises or be within a fully enclosed building
- No building can be taller than 2 stories (no limitation on floor area)
- Outdoor storage may not exceed 25% of total receipts per location
- Risks that permit refrigerated cold storage or storage of industrial materials, chemicals, pollutants and waste are ineligible
- No vehicle and/or trailer rental, leasing or loaner operations
*Higher insured values may be available outside of online quote. Contact your EMC underwriter for additional information.