Processing and Servicing Operations
EMC offers a full range of commercial insurance products so you can focus on getting your customers back on the road, without any distractions or interruptions:
- Essential Property Coverage for buildings, your business’ personal property and the personal property of others.
- Businessowners Liability Coverage to protect your business from liability exposures, including premises and operations, product liability and completed operations.
- Comprehensive Business Auto Coverage protects the commercial vehicles driven by your employees.
- Umbrella Coverage provides your business with additional security in the event of a catastrophic liability claim.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance covers medical expenses and compensation for lost wages of workers who are injured on the job (available in select states).
Below is a summary of the coverages included with the EMC Auto Services product. View the EMC Businessowners Coverage Highlights page to learn about your two coverage level options—Extension and Expanded Extension.
Property and Liability
- Accounts receivable: On/off premises
- Brands and labels: Coverage for branded or labeled merchandise damaged by a covered cause
- Business income
- Claims data expense: Coverage for costs incurred when preparing loss data
- Damage to premises rented to you
- Debris removal
- Employee dishonesty: Coverage for dishonest acts committed by employees acting alone or in collusion with others
- Equipment breakdown: Included by endorsement
- Forgery and alteration
- Money and securities
- Money orders and counterfeit money
- Outdoor signs attached to building
- Premises damage resulting from a burglary or robbery
- Seasonal increase for business personal property
- Spoilage: Coverage for perishable stock
- Utility services: Direct damage
- Coverage for loss and/or damage to covered property caused by an interruption in utility service
- Valuable papers and records: On/off premises
- Water backup and sump overflow
- Additional audio, visual and data electronic equipment
- Blanket coverage for additional insured
- Hired auto physical damage
- Locksmith service
- Personal property of others
- Rental reimbursement
- Temporary transportation expense
- Towing and labor
- Waiver of deductible for glass breakage
Talk with your independent insurance agent about the following coverages and how they can help you protect your business:
- CyberSolutions provides the robust protection you need to respond to and recover from a data breach or cyber attack. The policy provides coverage for the costs associated with computer software restoration, data recovery, third-party liability protection, response efforts, defense and liability, and identity recovery for key individuals within your organization.
- Employment practices liability coverage, available by endorsement from EMC, pays for the liability damages and defense costs due to employment discrimination, wrongful termination or harassment charges brought by full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal employees.
- Professional liability coverage pays for liability damages due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury or other injury that results from the rendering of, or failure to render, professional services. This coverage is available for barbershops, hair salons and funeral directors.
- Church liability coverage pays for liability damages due to counseling activities, medical payments for church members or volunteers, and insured status for members, trustees, officials, clergy or volunteers. Limit of insurance shown in the declarations applies.
- Laundry/Dry cleaners industry extension provides laundry/dry cleaner bailee coverage, as well as coverage for personal effects (includes tools and equipment or theft) and extra expense from dependent properties.
- Printers industry extension provides coverage for theft of patterns, dies, molds and forms and removes limitation. Coverage is extended and available only for those risks issued with the following applicable printing classifications: printing NOC, photoengraving, lithographing, engraving, copying and duplicating stores (including photocopy services), mailing or addressing companies (including mailing list compiling services, mailing list publishers and direct mailing companies).
- Printers errors and omissions liability can be added to your EMC policy, giving you additional coverage for negligent acts or errors and omissions in providing printing services. The endorsement does not apply to any claim resulting from any publishing function.
This is only a summary of coverages available. Coverage is subject to policy terms and conditions, limitations and exclusions, and may vary from state to state.
- $10 million maximum sales/receipts per location
- Maximum 50,000 sq ft per location
- For online quote, maximum $6 million in total insured values per location*
- Storage buildings (including business personal property) occupied by the insured, incidental to an eligible risk and not exceeding 35,000 sq ft may also be included
- No more than 25% of annual gross sales may be derived from off-premises operations
- For eligible laundry and dry cleaning risks with bailees coverage, maximum $5 million sales/receipts for all locations
*With the exception of printer risks, higher insured values may be available outside of internet quoting. Contact your EMC underwriter for additional information.