EMC offers a full range of commercial insurance products so you can focus on getting your customers back on the road, without any distractions or interruptions:
- Essential Property Coverage for buildings, your business’ personal property and the personal property of others.
- Businessowners Liability Coverage to protect your business from liability exposures, including premises and operations, product liability and completed operations.
- Comprehensive Business Auto Coverage protects the commercial vehicles driven by your employees.
- Umbrella Coverage provides your business with additional security in the event of a catastrophic liability claim.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance covers medical expenses and compensation for lost wages of workers who are injured on the job (available in select states).
Below is a summary of the coverages included with the EMC Auto Services product. View the EMC Businessowners Coverage Highlights page to learn about your two coverage level options—Extension and Expanded Extension.
Property and Liability
- Accounts receivable: On/off premises
- Business income
- Claims data expense: Coverage for costs incurred when preparing loss data
- Debris removal
- Employee dishonesty: Coverage for dishonest acts committed by employees acting alone or in collusion with others
- Forgery and alteration
- Money and securities
- Money orders and counterfeit money
- Outdoor signs attached to building
- Premises damage resulting from a burglary or robbery
- Seasonal increase for business personal property
- Spoilage: Coverage for perishable stock
- Utility services: Direct damage
- Coverage for loss and/or damage to covered property caused by an interruption in utility service
- Valuable papers and records: On/off premises
- Water backup and sump overflow
- Additional audio, visual and data electronic equipment
- Blanket coverage for additional insured
- Hired auto physical damage
- Locksmith service
- Personal property of others
- Rental reimbursement
- Temporary transportation expense
- Towing and labor
- Waiver of deductible for glass breakage
Talk with your independent insurance agent about the following coverages and how they can help you protect your business:
- CyberSolutions provides the robust protection you need to respond to and recover from a data breach or cyber attack. The policy provides coverage for the costs associated with computer software restoration, data recovery, third-party liability protection, response efforts, defense and liability, and identity recovery for key individuals within your organization.
- Employment practices liability coverage, available by endorsement from EMC, pays for the liability damages and defense costs due to employment discrimination, wrongful termination or harassment charges brought by full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal employees.
- Optical and hearing aid establishments coverage pays for liability damages due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury caused by the rendering of, or failure to render, professional services by an establishment’s certified/licensed opticians or hearing aid specialists while performing services at the designated premises.
- Veterinarians professional liability coverage pays for liability damages due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury caused by the rendering of, or failure to render, professional services as a veterinarian.
This is only a summary of coverages available. Coverage is subject to policy terms and conditions, limitations and exclusions, and may vary from state to state.
- $10 million maximum sales/receipts per location
- Maximum $10 million combined insured value for each building and business personal property
- Maximum $35 million in total insured value for any one location
- For online quote, maximum $6 million in total insured values per location*
- Maximum 50,000 sq ft per location (applies to operations of the office business occupying the space, not the owner of the office building); for building owners, no limitation of floor area
- No building can be taller than 6 stories in height
- Storage buildings (including business personal property) occupied by the insured, incidental to an eligible risk and not exceeding 35,000 sq ft may also be included
- Incidental apartment (not subject to sq ft limitation), mercantile, wholesale, processing or service occupancies are acceptable as long as they occupy no more than 35,000 sq ft
- Incidental contractors occupancy that does not exceed 7,500 sq ft or 15% of total area
*Higher insured values may be available outside of online quote. Contact your EMC underwriter for additional information.