EMC offers a full range of commercial insurance products so you can focus on getting your customers back on the road, without any distractions or interruptions:
- Essential Property Coverage for buildings, your business’ personal property and the personal property of others.
- Businessowners Liability Coverage to protect your business from liability exposures, including premises and operations, product liability and completed operations.
- Comprehensive Business Auto Coverage protects the commercial vehicles driven by your employees.
- Umbrella Coverage provides your business with additional security in the event of a catastrophic liability claim.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance covers medical expenses and compensation for lost wages of workers who are injured on the job (available in select states).
Below is a summary of the coverages included with the EMC Auto Services product. View the EMC Businessowners Coverage Highlights page to learn about your two coverage level options—Extension and Expanded Extension.
Property and Liability
- Property coverage: Amends the business personal property provisions to specify that property belonging to guests is not considered property of others
- Adds property in hotel rooms furnished by the hotel operator as business personal property
- Includes limited lock replacement
- Liability coverage: Includes guests’ property (limitations apply); exclusions specific to these coverages are also included
- Additional audio, visual and data electronic equipment
- Blanket coverage for additional insured
- Hired auto physical damage
- Locksmith service
- Personal property of others
- Rental reimbursement
- Temporary transportation expense
- Towing and labor
- Waiver of deductible for glass breakage
Talk with your independent insurance agent about the following coverages and how they can help you protect your business:
- Motel Liability for Guests’ Property in Safe Deposit adds a coverage grant to cover guests’ property held in a safe deposit box on your motel premises. Various limits are available.
- CyberSolutions provides the robust protection you need to respond to and recover from a data breach or cyber attack. The policy provides coverage for the costs associated with computer software restoration, data recovery, third-party liability protection, response efforts, defense and liability, and identity recovery for key individuals within your organization.
- Employment practices liability coverage, available by endorsement from EMC, pays for the liability damages and defense costs due to employment discrimination, wrongful termination or harassment charges brought by full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal employees.
This is only a summary of coverages available. Coverage is subject to policy terms and conditions, limitations and exclusions, and may vary from state to state.
- $10 million maximum sales/receipts per location
- Storage buildings (including business personal property) occupied by the insured, incidental to an eligible risk and not exceeding 35,000 sq ft may also be included
- For online quote, maximum $6 million in total insured values per location*
- No building can be taller than 3 stories (no limitation on floor area)
- Franchised operations preferred
- Occupancy rate greater than 60%
- Interior access with key card security preferred
- Food service, if present, must be limited cooking only
- No bar or cocktail lounge
- Pools are allowed (subject to underwriting and separate charge)
- Risks closed for more than 30 consecutive days (seasonal operations) are ineligible
*Higher insured values may be available outside of online quote. Contact your EMC underwriter for additional information.