Buying a home is probably the single largest investment you’ll make in your lifetime, so EMC wants to help make sure your investment is completely protected. We provide three coverage level options, so you can choose what’s best for your needs. And we offer plenty of ways for you to save on your insurance premium, too.
When you insure your home with EMC, we’ll reward you with discounts and credits for playing it safe, maintaining your home and being financially responsible:
- Install Protective Devices—Receive premium discounts for installing deadbolts, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms or central station alarms
- Improve Dwelling Components—Earn credits for recently updating electrical, plumbing or heating
Additional discounts may be available for:
- Remaining free of claims
- Insuring an auto with EMC, in addition to your home
- Adding an umbrella policy to your homeowners policy
- Keeping continuous insurance coverage
- Having a home with qualifying roof materials that are resistant to wind and hail
- Using electronic funds transfer* as your payment method
*Not available on escrow; must be direct billed.
Choices to Fit Your Needs
Insurance shouldn’t be a one-size-fits-all kind of thing. That’s why EMC offers three coverage levels, plus optional property and liability coverages. You and your agent can decide which level is right for you:
Even our basic homeowners policy gives you better-than-average protection with all the standard property and liability coverages, plus valuable extras at no additional cost.
This option builds on our basic policy level to give you increased limits of protection for:
- Refrigerated property
- Theft of jewelry, watches, furs and other valuables
- IDT911 resolution service and identity theft expense coverage
EMC Choice® Homeowners
Our premier policy option, EMC Choice Homeowners, offers even greater protection for refrigerated property, lock replacement and identity theft, plus these valuable benefits and more:
- Loss of use and additional living expense reimbursement
- Generous equipment breakdown coverage
- Additional replacement cost coverage
View coverage details for each coverage level.
Count on EMC® for:
- Replacement Cost Coverage—Provided for all qualifying homes, because we know it’s the smartest way to protect your financial assets
- Green Coverage—Provides up to an additional 10 percent of the amount of a covered property loss when the repairs or replacement is made with environmentally friendly materials or equipment
Personal Lines Advantage
When you insure both your home and auto with EMC, you benefit from these additional free coverages:
- Single (Highest) Deductible—Applies if both auto and home are involved in the same loss
- Pet Medical—Covers up to $500 for domestic cats or dogs injured or killed due to a covered loss in the home or car (no deductible applies)
- Emergency Lockout Coverage—Pays up to $200 for reasonable expenses incurred for services needed to gain entry into a covered auto or residence (no deductible applies)
Introducing MyHome Policy
Learn about MyHome Policy, a new program being introduced in 2016 that offers customized rates based solely on you and your home.